Official UK partner to the Paradors, Pousadas, Pestana Hotels & Resorts, Les Collectionneurs (Chateaux), and European Hotels Collection. Keytours International, formerly Keytel International, your agent in the UK.
The accessibility policy of Paradors seeks to make the highest possible number of establishments accessible to those either in a wheelchair or with reduced mobility whether it be the common areas or certain rooms.
The particular location and the characteristics of many of the Paradors which are housed in historic buildings – and therefore under special protection – make it difficult or even impossible to implant physical accessibility measures due to their structural conditions. However, Paradors has tried to overcome as many obstacles as possible to provide easier access to the majority of their properties for those guests with reduced mobility.
Paradors is committed to limiting physical barriers as much as possible and making access easy for customers, as well as supplying clear information on the accessibility of each establishment.
One of the main measures developed in relation to accessibility has been the drawing up of a Universal Accessibility Handbook, made to the measure of the hotel facilities and with the purpose of serving as a practical and useful tool that will offer solutions about safe, comfortable accessibility in each of the Paradors.
Nowadays 50% of Paradors are accessible by wheelchair, of which 25 are physically accessible (1) and another 23 are accessible with some assistance (2)
There are 29 Paradors that have completely adapted rooms (3)(including the bathroom) for wheelchair users and there are 6 Paradors with poolside chair lifts for wheelchair users (4), to provide easy access to their swimming pools.
The remaining Paradors are still partially wheel-chair friendly (5), but some stairs and the original design of some historic buildings may restrict passage to some public areas. We would simply recommend checking with us first before including these in your plans if you strictly require properties with clear wheelchair access.
Keytel’s staff can help you to select the most appropriate properties, and will be pleased to ensure that the right rooms are booked so that you can enjoy your holiday without frustration.
(1) Accessible Paradors: Aiguablava, Alcalá de Henares (but not the Hostería), Alcañíz, Benicarló, Cádiz, Cambados, Cangas de Onís, Fuente Dé, La Gomera, Granada, Limpias, Lorca, Málaga Golf, Monforte de Lemos, Nerja, La Palma, Pontevedra, Puebla de Sanabria, El Saler, Soria, Sos del Rey Católico, Toledo, Tui, Vic-Sau and Vielha.
(2) Accessible with some assistance (people using wheelchairs or with reduced mobility are able to move around the Parador with some assistance up/down stairs): Almagro, Baiona, Calahorra, Cañadas del Teide, Cañadas del Teide, Ciudad Rodrigo, Ferrol, Gredos, El Hierro, Jarandilla de La Vera, La Granja, León, Lerma, Málaga Gibralfaro, Mazagón, Olite, Plasencia, Ribadeo, Salamanca, Santo Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda, Santo Estevo, La Seu D´Urgell, Teruel and Trujillo.
(3) Paradors with adapted rooms for wheelchair users: Aiguablava, Alcañíz, Benicarló, Cádiz, Cambados, Cangas de Onís, Cardona, Fuente Dé, La Gomera, Granada, Limpias, Lorca, Málaga Golf, Monforte de Lemos, Nerja, La Palama, Plasencia, Pontevedra, Puebla de Sanabria, El Saler, Sigüenza, Soria, Sos del Rey Católico, Toledo, Tui, Vic, Vielha and Vilalba.
(4) Paradors with their swimming pools adapted for access by wheelchair users: Albacete, Benicarló, Córdoba, Jávea, El Saler and Toledo.
(5) These Paradors may be accessible enough, depending on your requirements : Alarcón, Albacete, Antequera, Arcos de la Frontera, Argómaniz, Arties, Ávila, Ayamonte, Benavente, Bielsa, Cáceres, Cardona, Carmona, Cazorla, Cervera de Pisuerga, Chinchón, Córdoba, Cruz de Tejeda, Cuenca, El Saler, Gijón, Gredos, Guadalupe, Hondarribia, Jaén, Jávea, La Palma, Las Cañadas del Teide, Manzanares, Melilla, Mérida, Mojácar, Oropesa, Ronda, Santiago de Compostela, Santillana, Santillana Gil Blas, Santo Domingo de La Calzada, Segovia, Sigüenza, Tordesillas, Tortosa, Úbeda, Verín, Vilalba, Villafranca del Bierzo, Zafra and Zamora.
Correct as of August 2019